Topics

follow-up on populating http://didcomm.org

Daniel Hardman

I sent an email to this group a while back where I was discussing how to link PIURIs in DIDComm (the special URIs used to identify protocols and message types) with a URL namespace under http://didcomm.org. I suggested that we needed some sort of CI/CD pipeline at the Hyperledger Aries project that could feed content to this webserver.

Apparently this gave the wrong impression.

Aries isn't the only source for application-level protocols built atop DIDComm; whatever we do for Aries should also be available to anybody else who begins producing high-quality content about protocols. Indeed, a measure of success for both HL and DIF is that other communities emerge and begin doing just that. Thus, I envision that http://didcomm.org ends up containing lots of cool content from lots of places, all hosted by DIF. However, in the near term, Aries is the only source of such material that I know about, so all of my worry for the time being was how to make content publication work with source=Aries.

I hope that alleviates possible concerns that Daniel H is trying to prejudice didcomm toward Aries.