Topics

DIF APAC/ASEAN Call - May 28th, 3:00 p.m. Beijing Time

Eric Welton (Korsimoro)

Greetings DIF APAC/ASEAN community,

Apologies for the late reminder - I've been caught up in covid travel drama, trying to get home after 3rd months on the road - but the show must go on!

Here are the current meeting links and times,

- 3:00 p.m. Beijing, 2:00 p.m. Bangkok, 4:00 p.m. Tokyo

Internet Identity Workshop 30 was held just after our last meeting and was a particularly successful test of virtual conferencing.  I look forward to hearing from anyone who was there, and will share some highlights.  Two major topics that got a lot of attention
  • CHAPI vs. DIDComm for Credential Exchange
  • KERI (Key Event Receipt Infrastructure)
Trust over IP Foundation was formally announced this month - with a bevy of links here.

Covid Credentials: This week I'd like also like to hear from anyone who is seeing any acceptance or rejection of of digital credentials in their community response to covid.  Below are two links - one against / one for.  Is anyone else observing the use of digital credentials in the covid response of their country, or is digital activity confined to contact tracing?
Lastly, DIF's Bi-Weekly call last week (Recording), (Transcript) introduced some new technology we expect to see from Microsoft in the near future - an improvement in key recovery, which is one of the pesky real world problems that plagues strong digital identity, credential, and trust technologies.

I look forward to seeing everyone on Zoom - and please be patient if we've made any hiccups with Zoom and announcements.

kind regards,

 -e

Kaliya Young

You can find the links to the Notes from IIW 30. https://iiw.idcommons.net/IIW_30_Session_Notes

I will add to what Eric shared re: Break through's from the event.
Another HUGE one was the bridging of the gap between the ZKP (Sovrin/Evernym) way of doing Credentials and the JSON-LD way of doing credentials.

Mattr introduced to the community JSON-LD ZKP with BBS Signatures -

I should also share the work of a group I have been co-leading since IIW29 work on a Glossary. We have a slide deck that reports our process and work. We defined Wallet, Agent and Credential https://iiw.idcommons.net/Glossary_Results_-_Credentials,_Wallets,_Agents_Defined._%2B_Next_Steps

It is looking very likely that IIW will be online for IIW 31.  We would love to have more participation from the Asia Pacific Region.  Please let me know if you are interested in sponsoring. Registration will be up in late June.

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 2:49 AM Eric Welton (Korsimoro) <eric@...> wrote:

[...]

Kaliya raises a great point - and I'd forgotten that work, but it does bridge a HUGE gap.

I understand that it has been added to Hyperledger Ursa's framework as well?

More importantly - the work was done in New Zealand - so I would like to propose inviting Mattr to present that information at some time in June - it will be a pleasing and pleasant time for all of us!

Perhaps, during this week's call we can spend a little time reviewing why the work is important and the gap that it bridges.

best,

 -e