Topics

[EXTERNAL] [id-productmanagers] COVID Immunity Certificates & Ethics

David Kelts

Hi All,

Margo, thanks for the share and the good read.

Similar in topic to this, I, along with many others in this space 😉, have been thinking about how we can apply technology we already have to solve some of the problems we have distancing our identity interactions.  It’s certainly an issue now (my refinance will include holding my DL up to the window frame of my door for someone on the other side to verify identity), and will become a large issue as we emerge from isolation.  Do we want “immunity lines” separating people?  Or do we want contactless ID transactions that lower risk and treat everyone equally?

To that end, I had posted yesterday a Medium article on using Contactless ID technology.  It will take many players to request this change and implement, as you suggest, Margo, without compromising privacy.  I linked your article within mine after reading it.

David