Topics

[EXTERNAL] [id-productmanagers] COVID Immunity Certificates & Ethics

David Kelts

Hi All,

Margo, thanks for the share and the good read.

Similar in topic to this, I, along with many others in this space 😉, have been thinking about how we can apply technology we already have to solve some of the problems we have distancing our identity interactions.  It’s certainly an issue now (my refinance will include holding my DL up to the window frame of my door for someone on the other side to verify identity), and will become a large issue as we emerge from isolation.  Do we want “immunity lines” separating people?  Or do we want contactless ID transactions that lower risk and treat everyone equally?

To that end, I had posted yesterday a Medium article on using Contactless ID technology.  It will take many players to request this change and implement, as you suggest, Margo, without compromising privacy.  I linked your article within mine after reading it.

David

From: id-productmanagers@DIF.groups.io <id-productmanagers@DIF.groups.io> On Behalf Of Margo johnson via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 3:24 PM
To: id-productmanagers@DIF.groups.io
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [id-productmanagers] COVID Immunity Certificates & Ethics

Hi all,

We talked briefly last week in the product coffee chat about the potential implications of COVID-19 related credentials. 

This white paper was published yesterday by the Harvard 's Edmond J Safra Center for Ethics, written by Dakota Gruener (ED of ID 2020) 
"Immunity Certificates: If We Must Have Them, We Must Do It Right

I wrote up a personal response on Medium that I welcome feedback and discussion around. 

Feel free to share other papers, ideas, perspectives if this topic interests you.

-Margo 

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more Click Here.