Topics

Interoperability WG - follow up and next steps

Balázs Némethi

Dear all,

Thank you for the call last week!

To find the time that fits the most people, I would like to invite all of you to fill out this doodle poll. We will have two meeting times to create a group available for all time zones, fill out accordingly.
https://doodle.com/poll/9er4f5g5qwygqnse#calendar  <- we aim to schedule the first meeting for the week starting on the 6th July

Let's make Interop happen!

Best,

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 8:27 PM Balázs Némethi <balazs@...> wrote:
Dear all,

Thank you for the Interop WG kick-off call!
We are well into some of the admin work, we heard proposals and ideas on how the WG should start operations. The goal of the first meeting(s) is to agree on a path and the next steps to run a cross-community group the most effectively.

We would ask you to share the mailing list with your communities so we can strengthen each other and make sure that the shared goal for interoperability becomes a reality.

Next steps:

Please fill out this poll to find the time for the next WG setting meetings and sign up for the mailing list:

Decisions during the first meeting:

Interim Chairs:
Orie Steele and Balazs Nemethi volunteered for interop co-chair roles until we finalize the charter.

Interim community liaisons:
  • W3C CCG - Orie
  • Solid/InRupt - Sam (Venn)
  • MyData - Kristina
  • ToIP - Ajay + Sankarshan
  • HL Aries - Sam Curren
Recording: zoom link

Thank you,

--

Balázs Némethi
Operations @ DIF

--

Balázs Némethi
Operations @ DIF

sankarshan

There is no further progress around the outreach to ToIP on the topic of Interoperability Profile (https://wiki.trustoverip.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=66073) and synergy. Will keep the group posted.

Sam Mathews Chase <samantha@...>

Hi all,

I sat in on the Solid weekly call this morning to invite the community to our interop group, it seems there is already an interop panel at W3C.

I am deeply concerned that we are making another group and must urge us all to consider joining the existing interop group with Solid rather than make an entirely new group. How can we best join our efforts?

I'm joining the Solid group, it makes the most sense to join is the one that is already functioning.

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 12:25 AM Balázs Némethi <balazs@...> wrote:
[...]

Joachim Lohkamp

Thank you Sam for sharing this. Looking at the links you provided this group at W3C is obviously representing a small subset of interop efforts within W3C (namely around Solid) but definetly there is a whole bunch of communities building different technologies for Web2/Web3, many of them working towards interoperability with others.

The DIF effort as I understand goes towards bringing as many, ideally all, of these communities together to discuss and hopefully align on interop efforts and pathways.

Best, Joachim

Joachim Lohkamp
Founder & CEO
+49 176 7697 0369
jolocom.io info@... Our events
Twitter Telegram GitHub YouTube Medium
Waldemarstr. 37A, 10999 Berlin, Germany
CEO (Geschäftsführer): Joachim Lokhamp
Amtsgericht Charlottenburg (Berlin): HRB 158758 B

On Jul 2, 2020, at 5:37 PM, Sam Mathews Chase <samantha@...> wrote:

[...]

Juan Caballero

Thanks! No news is good news, because we haven't missed anything :D

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 1:48 PM sankarshan <sankarshan@...> wrote:
There is no further progress around the outreach to ToIP on the topic of Interoperability Profile (https://wiki.trustoverip.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=66073) and synergy. Will keep the group posted.

--
Juan Caballero

Berlin-based: +49 1573 5994525
Signal/whatsapp: +1 415-3101351